History
This photograph shows a group of nine people, composed of men, women, and children, on the sidewalk outside the Waverly Hotel, with a horse and a buggy parked in front. The Waverly Hotel opened in July 1894, and was known at first as the Waverly House. The building was designed by John A. Mateer. The Waverly's first manager was Alexander Lindsay, but it soon went through a rapid succession of managers until it was bought it 1909 by Frank and Domenica Dallos. When Frank Dallos died, it was then managed by Victor Spencer and Albert Passie until 1935, then Thomas and Mary Conti, Claude and Hazel Jordan in the 1960s, and was bought by Harvey and Shannon Brown in 1985.
Description
1 photograph: b&w.
Item Details
- Materials: Graphic material
- Classification: Category 8: Communication Objects > Documentary Objects > Graphic Documents > photograph > black-and-white photograph
- Accession Number: 983.035.004
- Other reference: C030-036 / U14
- Donor: Trevett, Mr. and Mrs.
- Donated: 1983/03/08
- Size: 11 x 16 cm / 35mm